Thursday, February 10, 2011

Change is good. Right?

So I'll start off with the news of my first official weigh in; I'm down .8lbs.
Not 8lbs.  Point 8.   I was actually surprised to have lost anything, so I'll take it.  It was sort of a tough week trying to adjust to the whole points thing, be starving, workout.... plus I had a visitor during weigh-in, lol.  That's as much as I'm going to say about that!  All excuses aside, I fully expected to lose nothing the first week.  So, although .8 is very close to nothing, it's still something!  So Yayy!
More on weight loss; this website i like, http://groopdealz.com, is running a great special on HCG Thin Solution (50% off!).  I've known of three people who've been on the HCG diet and lost a substantial amount of weight.  HCG is taken orally under your tongue.  It's a hormone that your body naturally produces when your pregnant to make sure proper nutrients get to the developing baby.  So, this stuff somehow convinces your body to supply itself with a constant flow of food received from your body fat.  If you follow this diet and take the supplements, you could lose up to 1-2lbs a day. Check out more info on http://hcgthinsolution.com.
I'm sort of thinking of getting in on this deal.  I can probably still count my points and take the HCG, right?  I go to the WW meetings though, so I'm a little afraid that if I start losing a good amount of weight, and they ask how, I'm going to mention the HCG, and they'll probably frown on that i think...  I don't want to throw they're weight counts off or whatever.  This HCG stuff is expensive though,  and that's the main reason I chose WW.  Now with this deal, it's not so expensive anymore (just $40 for 40 days worth now).  Hmm... decisions decisions!!

What else is new....
Well, my husband and I have been trying to downsize & minimize. So that's been fun, lol.  Seriously though, we need to.  Who wants to pay extra for anything? Not I.  Not we.  Thus far, his job has been stable, in a pretty unstable economy.  What if we HAD to downsize?  It's got to be easier to want to downsize, rather than having no choice but to do so.  So here we are.  Maybe if  (when) that day comes where we have to, we'll have already done it.  Booya!

We also signed Mackenzie up for preschool this past weekend.  She'll start in September and is SUPER excited!  She'll be going two days a week from 9-1 (allowing for some awesome gym time for me!).  As much as I'm sad that she's in such a rush to grow up, I'm not sad about preschool.  She's with me ALL the time!  She needs to be able to establish her own identity & she's going to learn some great things in this school.  Plus, they take pictures of nearly every moment!  =)

Speaking of being in a rush to grow up;
I walked by the boys' room the other day unnoticed.  I decided to take that opportunity to be sort of a creepy mom stalker & just watch them for a little bit.  They're nearly 10, so I don't get these opportunities often. Zach was playing on his PSP, and Luke seemed to be walking around trying to decide what he wanted to do.  They're both skinny, but Luke's on the skinnier side, as loss of appetite was a side effect of his medication.  (We've recently switched bc of that)  So, I'm watching Luke.  His pants are a little baggy on him, just barely catching on his waist...  He's had a recent growth spurt too, so he's this skinny little beanpole with short blonde hair.  He's thinking about something, so his tongue's out & up to the side, lol.  I get this quick little flash, almost like a deja vu, of a boy I went to school with in third grade.  Luke & flashback boy looked so similar right then, it was strange.  My son was reminding me of someone in my own childhood.  It just made me smile.  He's grown up so quickly.  They both have.  10 years is a long time, but in terms of your children, it seems as if it was all just such a short time ago.  I'm sure that'll never change.  I'm sure 20 years will soon seem like a short time ago too. (Eeek!)

So now Luke sees me standing in his doorway and he looks at me a big goofy tooth grin; "Mom, what are you doing?"
"Just being creepy"
Zach laughs from behind his game.

Change is constant.  Might as well try to make it good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment