Thursday, May 24, 2012

I'm baaaaaack!

So, it's been a long time since I've written here!
I'm doing something a little new these days, and promised myself to journal my experience with it - annnnd I think journaling here might be easier than carrying around a real journal that i'll probably lose before I can become nostalgic about it all, so here I am.  I'm sure nobody's follows this anymore, but that's ok! I just want to record my experience to be able to look back and reflect on.

So, what am I doing?  A two week juice fast!
That still sounds crazy saying it out loud typing it.

I'm on day 4.  I have kept a journal that i've written in, so I'm going to backtrack a bit.

Day 1
8am weighed in.  OY. I'm not tellin!
I had some decaf herbal tea with lemon juice
11am- Strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, apple, spinach-kale-mustard-turnip mix.
YUM!
Half hour later still kind of hungry, but a glass of lemon water helped.
Found myself looking for snacks ALL day long!  Stuck w it though, didn't cheat!
1pm- sp-ka-mu-turnip mix,celery, tomoato, 1/2 Odwalla Superfood, 1/2 BH carrott juice
1:30 small cup of low sodium V8 - is that cheating? Kind of felt like it!
3:15 HUNGRY - had a glass of lemon water to hold me over (it really helped)
4:15- sp-ka-mu-tu mix, celery, 1/2 BH carrott juice, 1 apple
5pm - hungry - more lemon water
8:30 - 1/2 cabbage, 4 carrotts, ginger - GROSS!!  added two strawberries & a whole lemon... almost tolerable. I drank it though!
Went to bed with stomach ache. Tried lemon water & sleepy time tea, to no avail..

Day 2
7am- not hungry, headache, but I think it's my sinuses
Weigh-in: again, you get no #'s, but I'm down 4.8lbs!! WHOA!
9am- sp-ka-mu-turnip mix, strawberries (5), 1/2 english cucumber, 1/2 apple, 1/2 banana, whole orange - YUM!
Headache persisted, dropped Kenzie to school, layed down and woke up two hours later - oops! STILL had a headache. Must be caffeine withdrawal.
2pm- finally juicing lunch! carrots (4), handful grape tomatoes, sp-ka-mu-turnip mix, 1/2 cucumber, 2 celery, 1.5 apples
Not bad, not awesome.
I'm not so much 'hungry' today, as I just want to chew & crunch on food....
3pm- sm glass of low sodium v8 - I can't help it!!
5pm- "Vegetable Medley juice" red pepper, tomato, cucmber, broccoli, cauliflower, sp-ka-mu-turnip mix, celery, carrots
Not my favorite. Added a lemon, and it was sort of tolerable.
**I should also note that I cooked dinner for the family today (and probably will just about every day).
BBQ honey pork loin, mashed potatoes, and mixed vegetables.  It looked SO good!
Didn't even take a LICK though!

Day 3
weigh in: no #'s!! Down 1.2lbs, 6lb total loss since I started.

I barely recorded anything today! It was a good day, plenty of energy, no real food cravings...
Breakfast juice was fruity & delish, of course with my greens mix in it!  Kenzie even had a small glass of it.
Lunch juice was a "Sunset juice" recipe I found on Pinterest.  It has beets in it, so it's SUPER red, but actually really good!  I accidentally left out the carrots in the recipe, but I didn't miss them.
Dinner juice was a mish mosh of whatever I felt like putting in!  Lots of veggies, leftover cuts from lunch, a lemon & orange.... it was good.
Tea with some raw honey before bed (sore throat)

Oh AND, I found a Breville juice fountain on CL for $40!!!!!!!  Jeff picked it up for me and I can't wait to juice in it!!

Day 4 (today)
Weigh in: down .6 today.  That's not a whole lot, but sometimes on WW that was what I was down for the WEEK!  So, I'll take it!! =)
I feel great (other than these allergies!!), plenty of energy, my skin is so soft & moisturized... and amazingly enough, I really don't miss food all that much.
(I should have noted in the beginning, that this was all mostly to take the power & focus away from food. Food was taking over!! Though, losing weight is still a huge plus!)
Having my morning herbal tea with lemon, excited to use my new juicer for breakfast juice, then off to run some errands!
I'll probably log my specific juices less, from here on out. Unless there's a really good one I find to share (with who? is anyone out there? Ha!).

Time to get juicin!

No comments:

Post a Comment